I did it, I really did! Sewing with the laminated cotton wasn't exactly a walk in the park but was much easier than I anticipated. I was able to use the regular needle on my machine and really didn't make any adjustments at all. My dear Bernina handled it quite well. The only advice I would give is that you have to pin, pin, pin because it doesn't "ease" well. And obviously it can't be ironed so that took some getting used to since I like to press like crazy!
It was fun to choose fabrics, I was inspired by the book and the author's saying "Fabrics that do not "match" match when they are sewn together." I pulled a little Amy and then added some Anna and threw in some fun trims.
The jacket is lined with flannel which worked out well because I felt like I could try the pattern on the lining and then repeat it on the laminate. Basically it was like making two jackets. Lots and lots of topstitching for sure!
I'll leave you with a ton of photos cause I'm just a little bit..... who am I kidding, flipping happy about the way it turned out! And so is the middle daughter :)
Thanks Emma, I would have never attempted it without your faith in me!